Monday, May 13, 2013
I do not think it was a coincidence that the stone was placed today...exactly 3 months since his passing. These dates come so often (every 1st and every 13th of the month...plus holidays like Mother's Day and Easter) that it is draining sometimes. I think this was one way the Lord could remind me that He is with us during this difficult time. We are truly blessed to have this small, but significant tender mercy.
There were a few things that were very important to us when we designed the headstone:
1) His picture: So much of Joshua's spirit could be felt when you looked into his eyes and I feel that people get a small glimpse of that with this picture. It was a must.
2) "Heart Hero": Tim wanted to give people a little clue as to why Joshua's mortal life was so short. After a few brainstorming sessions, we came up with the Heart Hero inside the heart. Although there was no possible way of explaining everything, we feel that this small clue will be a little hint as to what his life was like.
3) Our full names: I feel that headstones can be a very important link for family history generations down the road. I wanted to make sure people knew little Joshua belonged to us.
4) Families are Forever: Yes...this may be a cliche phrase for a headstone, but now I understand why! Those three words bring hope and light amidst some serious darkness. That simple but profound gospel principle is everything to our family, especially since Joshua's passing. It was only fit that we include those words as a permanent testimony to our beliefs.
So, I can breath a sigh of relief that it is finally done. Joshua's memory has a permanent place in the world. Generations of people will see his name and hopefully feel his tender spirit while visiting. I am so grateful to have something there to remind me of him.
Powered by Blogger.
The evening of February 12, 2013 started out just like any other night at home with our little man. It was our 4th night back home from the...
I decided I wanted to have a collection of Joshua's funeral pictures in a slideshow. It was actually very therapeutic for me to put thi...
A fter a little bit of drama with the monument place, Joshua's headstone is finally placed! We are both trilled with it. I am just...
I am starting to feel like a broken record, but I just have to keep saying it because it just seems to get more and more true: time is a st...
Wow...I didn't realize how much time has passed since posting on this blog. I am beginning to understand the phrase that time can heal....
Wow...what a difference 24 hours can make. I woke up this morning after a very rough night. I could not stop thinking about the ultrasound...
This is only my 3rd Mothers' Day as a mom with kids, but I have been celebrating Mothers' Day for much longer than that. It be...
The news is finally public. We are expecting Baby Ipson #3 to make his/her appearance sometime around February 10, 2014. Right now, I am a...
As I prepped for this 4 month anniversary, I hoped that I would feel Joshua's presence throughout the day. In my post yesterday, I wrote...
I got very little sleep last night. I had a nightmare and woke up at about 2am and could not get back to sleep. Finally, around 6am, my bo...
- Logan: My Tender Mercy
- Our first Memorial Day (2013)
- Joshua's Story
- The Emotionally Draining Anniversaries & Holidays
- Walking through Walmart
- Running with Angels 2013 Review!
- Family Pictures with an Angel
- The Headstone is Here!
- My new view of Mothers' Day
- Memories of Joshua...From you!
- Running With Angels 5K Run 2013
- The Light of Christ
- Anxieties about another baby
- Joshua's Life Sketch (By His Grandfather)
- 5 Months old....
- ▼ May (15)
Angel Mom (9) Anniversaries (12) Atonement (4) Being Home (4) Blessing Day (1) Cardiac ICU (14) Cardiology Appointments (9) Cath lab (2) Children's Surgical Unit (2) Diagnosis (3) Echo (1) Eternal Families (4) Family Pictures (2) Feeding Tube (2) Frustrations (3) Funeral (5) Gospel Study (11) Grief (28) Heart Aches (7) House cleaning (1) Hypoglycemia (1) Intermountain Healing Hearts (4) Joshua Memorial (17) Joshua's Dad (2) Joshua's mission (3) Logan-Big Brother (7) Mommy necklaces (2) New chapter (4) Oxygen (2) Part of my Heart is in Heaven (1) Pregnancy Journey (11) Primary Children's Medical Center (19) Snuggles (2) Starting over (3) Strength from the Lord (16) Surgery (16) Surgery recovery (12) Testimony (4) The Big Decision (3) The Birth (2) The morning he passed away (1) The Name (1) Things that Matter Most (12) Time (5) Waiting Game (3) Welcome to Holland (1)